Over time, regular use of your washing machine can result in the growth of bacteria that causes nasty odours. The only way to prevent and treat the build-up of bacteria inside your washing machine is to periodically clean it.
Following is a simple method to keep your washing machine clean and smelling fresh:
You will need:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): eye protection and gloves
2 cups household vinegar
- Ensure you are wearing eye protection and gloves.
- Empty your machine of linens.
- Switch off your chemical dispenser if one is connected.
- Start the washer on a warm or hot cycle setting, and carefully pour 2 cups of vinegar into the soap hopper.
- Allow the machine to complete the wash cycle.
- After the cycle, check the soap hopper compartment. If it still has mineral or mould deposits, remove them using vinegar in a spray bottle and a cloth.
This simple method will ensure that any odours in your washing machine are gone, and mineral and mould deposits are removed. You can also enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that you have prevented cross-contamination of bacteria to linens and other washing machines.
Your commercial laundry experts
You can rely on Aqualogic to get the best wash results in your laundry and ensure that your commercial washing machines perform at their best every time. We are experts in the set up and maintenance of commercial laundries, and we can help you to determine what options are best for you. For more information on our comprehensive range of equipment and services, contact us online today or call 1300 222 119.