Every commercial washing machine on the market is different, and so are the needs of every laundry. No matter your industry, selecting the right commercial washing machine for your laundry is an important decision that will help or hinder future productivity and performance. The aim is to select laundry equipment that will deliver the best possible results for the lowest possible life cycle cost.
What does selecting the right machine yield?
By selecting the right machine for your laundry there are numerous benefits you can expect. Firstly, having the right commercial washing machine will increase the efficiency and productivity in your laundry operation. This is evident in the minimisation of overheads and achievement of a faster throughput. Having the right machine will also save you money further down the track, as it will last longer and require less maintenance in comparison to a machine that is not fit for purpose.
How do I pick the right commercial washing machine?
There are a number of things to consider when deciding which machine to choose for your laundry. These are some of the questions you should consider:
- How much washing are you doing and what is the total throughput of your machine per week?
- The amount of washing you go through will determine whether a big or small machine will suit your operation.
- What are you washing?
- The type of linen and items you are washing will impact whether you need a high or low speed washing machine.
- What time is your linen collection?
- This plays a role in the efficiency of running the machine on a full load.
- How many days a week do you need to use the machine?
- The frequency of your laundry use will affect what size machine you should use.
- How many staff work in the laundry?
- This will also affect the size of the right machine for you.
- Do you require thermal disinfection?
- Machines can come with built in supplementary heating systems.
- How much space is in your laundry?
- There is no point having a large machine in a small working space that will make you less efficient in the processes around it. The working space available to you will impact the size of the machine that will fit best.
- What is the access to your laundry like?
- Consider your laundry’s location. Is it upstairs, or somewhere hard to access like in a basement? Will you be able to get the machine into your laundry and what will suit your business’s processes best?
- Are there additional services available in your laundry?
- Are there extra features in your facility that will work with your machine? For example, gas for dryers and the ability to duct to the atmosphere.
Once you’ve worked out what you need to suit your facility and operations, you can proceed to select the best washing machine that fulfills your requirements. Having the best fit machine for your business is a crucial decision and done correctly will have long term benefits to your efficiency and productivity.
If you have any questions, or you would like some assistance finding the right machine for your laundry, then look no further than our team of commercial and industrial laundry experts. Get in contact with Aqualogic today: either online or call us on 1300 222 119.